Sunday, May 31, 2009

Empoprise-BI News - 31 May 2009

Empoprise-BI News


The news letter for Empoprise-BI - An Empoprises vertical information service for business news.



Welcome to Empoprise-BI News

OK, we're going to do this another time. As mentioned previously, you can read this newsletter on the blog, or read it via an RSS feed, or subscribe via email. To subscribe via RSS or email, go to http://empoprise-bi.blogspot.com/ and choose the appropriate item in the upper left corner.

Special Features

Did you know that this blog has its own FriendFeed group? I should note (and already have) that some FriendFeed groups are designed around starting conversations. The Empoprise-BI FriendFeed group is a different beast altogether. I often source my posts from items that I find in my Google Reader feeds. I've selected a few of those feeds and placed them in the room also, so that even if I decide to run away to Tahiti for a month and renounce all technology, you can still find a source of business news. I'll throw other items in there at times, and of course the Empoprise-BI blog is one of the items that feeds into the group. Pay a visit to http://friendfeed.com/empoprise-bi if you're so inclined.

Behind the Scenes

As long as I'm talking about groups, I might as well mention http://friendfeed.com/ffempogroups. This is kind of my catchall FriendFeed group to talk about five of my FriendFeed groups - four relating to the four Empoprises blogs, and my Natural User Interface group. As for how I was able to put such a long group description (with links) into this group, I'll confess that I got a tip via this question that I asked in the FriendFeed for Beginners group (which had a long description; I wanted to figure out how Kol Tregaskes did that).

Upcoming

All I can say at this point it that here's a piece entitled "Arguing over semantics as technology changes." And another piece that compares stockholder elections with regular elections. But obviously more stuff will appear over the week.

As always, you can address questions to me via the usual avenues, including the "empoprises" mail accoung that Gmail hosts for me.

-Your pal, John Bredehoft, Empoprises
blog comments powered by Disqus