Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Quote or insight? I'll bite

I was recently notified that because I shared my post about Hope is in the Cards with the "Quotes and Insights" blog on Bloggersbase, I have the privilege of sharing posts in that blog for a week.

So I might as well make the most of it, even though I normally don't venture down the Quotes and Insights path. Steven Hodson shared this quote from Chris Brogan, which prompted me to check my own Twitter feed for insightful quotes. And here's what I found:

(@Mel_White_) "Historian: an unsuccessful novelist. H. L. Mencken #Quotes"

(@AhhPhotography) "Everyone, without exception, is searching for happiness. Blaise Pascal"

But quotes from others got boring, so I dove in a little deeper. Or maybe a lot deeper.

(@pourmecoffee) "Joe Lieberman will french kiss you on a rooftop with Dave Matthews mixtape playing for your vote. Keep the line moving."

I don't know what's worse - the visual, or the "audi-al."

OK, so maybe Twitter isn't always all that insightful - heck, nothing is. (Check my blog if you don't believe me.) But perhaps if we turn to a tweeter who is known for sharing insight to millions, we'll find a jewel. So let's turn to @oprah - and, as it did turn out, she did have something to say on September 11:

Woke up. got dressed & thought about every one of the 2970 who did the same 8 yrs ago. Let's have a tweet of silence to remember them all

I'll close with that.
blog comments powered by Disqus