Sunday, September 27, 2009

Empoprise-BI News - 27 September 2009

Empoprise-BI News


The news letter for Empoprise-BI - An Empoprises vertical information service for business news.



Welcome to Empoprise-BI News

I just realized that RadioWeave's text to speech converter and I have a serious pronunciation dispute (not that I haven't had the same types of arguments with similar services, such as Odiogo). Whenever I think of the name of this blog in my brain, I always pronounce it as Empoprise Bee I, but when I listen to my Odiogo podcasts on the RadioWeave stream that I just set up for that purpose, I notice that the RadioWeave introduction renders the title of the blog as Empoprise Buy. Oh well, most of those reading the text think that "BI" stands for "business intelligence" anyway, and I can assure you, there's no business intelligence here!

To tell you the truth, I'm loving the RadioWeave service, although I haven't really explored it to its fullest potential.

Behind the Scenes

When I'm not listening to RadioWeave, or last.fm, or whatever (I haven't listened to a lot of YouTube the last few days), I'm outfitting myself with various communication devices, including a Google Voice number and a Skype account. If you have the pressing need to speak to me in audio form, you can contact me at the empoprises address that my Gmail dot com buddies have provided for me, and I'll give you the necessary coordinates.

Special Features

Just to give you a heads up - if you think that I'm writing a lot about Oracle right now, you may want to avoid this blog between October 11 and 15, when Oracle OpenWorld takes place. For various reasons, I'm definitely looking forward to this year's event, so don't be surprised if Empoprise-BI (that's Bee I) talks about the event a lot.

Upcoming

So what's coming up? Well, I'm continuing with my empo-utoobd series, but taking the focus off of myself. And I'm going to the other side of the world to look at the Mrs. Palin Goes to Hong Kong story (and why Nicole Ferraro just lost her chance at a Fox News slot). And there will be more things for your reading enjoyment.
blog comments powered by Disqus