Thursday, September 3, 2009

Oracle networking with OTN and OPN - what is the OPN Blogging Room?

Oracle OpenWorld 2009 is now a little over a month away, and preparations are afoot by everyone involved. I had to take care of some housekeeping business - because of my change in companies, I had to make some changes to my oracle.com account - but I've made those changes, I've built my schedule, and everything is ready to go - well, in a James 4 sort of way.



Much of what I do during Oracle OpenWorld revolves around two Oracle networks - the Oracle Technology Network and the Oracle PartnerNetwork. The Oracle Technology Network, other than providing free beer in the OTN Lounge, also provides a wealth of information about Oracle products and technologies. For example, they maintain constant connections with the Oracle ACEs and ACE Directors (people who are not Oracle employees, but are recognized experts in Oracle technologies), and have compiled a list of the Oracle ACE/ACE Director presentations during Oracle OpenWorld. They have also engaged people who blog about Oracle, ranging from some major blogging names all the way down to...well, me. (No, you won't see detailed technical discussions in this blog. Go see Eddie or Laurent or someone for those.) I'm sure that I'll be mentioning the Oracle Technology Network more over the next month or two.

My employer is a member of the other network, the Oracle PartnerNetwork. This network is designed to support people who resell or embed Oracle products, and give them the tools that they need to better sell those products. Yes, there is an OPN Lounge, and they also have special sessions during Oracle OpenWorld for partners.

The Oracle PartnerNetwork just sent out a mailing, and I noticed an intriguing item in the mailing, the contents of which can also be found online:

Oracle PartnerNetwork Lounge

Monday, October 12, 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 13, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 14, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Moscone South, Room 100

Hold meetings and network with Oracle, your customers, and peers in the Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Lounge.

Come with questions. Leave with answers after visiting the OPN Information Stations located in the lounge.

Tell us what you think. Visit the lounge's OPN Blogging Room.

The OPN Information Stations and Blogging Room are open during regular lounge hours.


I was wondering exactly what the OPN Blogging Room is. So I checked out the wiki.

New This Year! Video Blogging Room

* A recording studio at OPN Lounge where you can make a short video about your Oracle business
* Offer available to all Oracle partners at no charge
* Free publicity of your video on Oracle social media platforms
* Partner may also use the video for future marketing
* Duration of the video - max 5 minutes
* You need to allocate about 30 mins for briefing and recording
* Slots are available on first-come-first-served basis. Early booking is recommended


Hmm...sounds like an intriguing opportunity for talkative partners to get their message out.

Looks like I'm going to have to contact Dr. Jim Sears (yes, I've met him through Theatre Experience of Southern California) and get some makeup tips.
blog comments powered by Disqus