Sunday, September 13, 2009

Empoprise-BI News - 13 September 2009

Empoprise-BI News


The news letter for Empoprise-BI - An Empoprises vertical information service for business news.



Welcome to Empoprise-BI News

If you haven't seen this before, it's an occasional newsletter - sometimes weekly, sometimes not - which covers my Empoprise-BI business blog. And, guess what? The newsletter is posted in the blog itself, for your reading pleasure.

Behind the Scenes

The most important thing about anything that you do is to try to enjoy what you're doing. And, from a personal level, I enjoyed the blog this past week. And I hope it showed. Probably the post that I enjoyed the most was my post on color saturation and lomography. Let me note two reactions.

When Louis Gray saw my Google Reader share of the first paragraph ("Louis Gray may drop science, but by the end of this post I'll be dropping color saturation and lomography..."), his reaction was "Oh dear."

Better still was the reaction of Kim. I don't think that Kim saw my original post, but she saw my Facebook comment about some of the source material behind the post. Kim actually saw one of the two co-workers after reading this, and made a point to tell him that she preferred lower color saturation.

I may return to this topic in the future. Again, you have to enjoy what you're doing.

Special Features

When I created this blog earlier this year, one of the things that excited me was that the blog would serve as an ideal forum for Oracle OpenWorld 2009 coverage later in the year. I previously had a blog (the Ontario Technoblog) that was well suited for such coverage (even if I did use the blog to talk about things like OPN pillow giveaways), but I discontinued that blog and moved to a more "all-encompassing" blog that covered everything; one drawback of this approach is tha the Oracle business stuff could get somewhat lost in the shuffle. Coincidentally, I've also talked about various approaches to blogging this past week, contrasting the focused blog vs. the all-encompassing one.

So anyways, I'm starting to ramp up my Oracle OpenWorld 2009 coverage, and was pleased to learn that there will be an Oracle OpenWorld blogger meetup this year. While several bloggers will be unable to attend this year, I look forward to seeing those who will be there. Again, the registration page can be found at this page at oraclecommunity.net.

Upcoming

Guess what? I'll be blogging about Oracle! Imagine that. I'll also blog about RSS, the North American IT Professionals Association, and Serbian pottery sellers. That last sentence was actually "two truths and a lie" - I won't blog about all of those things. But then again, perhaps I can do some research and blog about all three.
blog comments powered by Disqus