Thursday, February 23, 2012

tymshft - time, business, and everything else

A few days ago I was kinda cryptic:

I had a wonderful post that I wrote, and was preparing to post in the Empoprise-BI business blog on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 5:00 am Pacific time.

But I changed my mind, and will be posting it somewhere else at 7:00 am Pacific time.

More later.


So what did I do? I posted the item (Tech age discrimination, or something else? Reverse trends in the US and Japan) on my new blog, tymshft.

You see, while I've been posting a lot of "empo-tymshft" stuff here in my business blog, I found that I've been posting it in some of my other blogs also. So I finally set up a single blog for all of my time-related posts, regardless of whether they're business-related, music-related, or whatever.

So what is tymshft? This is what I said:

[P]eople talk about new things and assume that they are new. Take the cloud. For some people, it’s a wondrous new thing, this ability to store data in the cloud and access it from anywhere. Some misguided souls probably even think that Steve Jobs invented the cloud. But some of the features of the cloud were present decades ago, in old time-sharing systems. iCloud is a CompuServe that begins with a vowel....

At the same time, there are things that have changed significantly over the years. For example, I remember when a “phone” was something that was attached to the wall, and came from “the phone company.”


If you're interested in such ruminations on time, and how things change or don't change over time, I strongly encourage you to go to tymshft.

If you're on Google+, be sure to include https://plus.google.com/b/110538760339914860505/# in your favorite circle.

If you're on Facebook, be sure to go to the https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tymshft/390937200923679?sk=wall page.

And I look forward to your comments and contributions.
blog comments powered by Disqus