Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mel Brooks provides IT security for Syrian officials

If you're familiar with the Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs, you know that a couple of jokes in the movie revolve around a particular password: "1 2 3 4 5."

Dark Helmet: "So the combination is: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"...

12345? That's amazing I got the same combination on my luggage! .... Prepare .... Spaceball 1 for for immediate departure ...... and change the combination on my luggage! -President Skroob


But truth can be stranger than fiction, according to Haaretz:

Hundreds of emails from Syrian President Bashar Assad's office were leaked on Monday after an attack by the hacker group Anonymous....

Some 78 inboxes of Assad's aides and advisers were hacked and the password that some used was "12345".
blog comments powered by Disqus