Friday, December 30, 2011

Off on a tangent, from Nevada planes to Alberta homes

Comments, I get comments.

Not that the comments have much to do with the posts themselves.

However, I recently got an advertising comment that was on topic. Sort of.

Back on December 24, I posted something about renting planes to go from Los Angeles to Las Vegas.

This resulted in a comment about renting homes in Calgary.

And, as it turns out, the rest of Canada:

RentMode.com covers the entire Canada, providing online Listing services for Residential and Vacation properties located in any of these Provinces and Territories: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and Yukon.

When I went to the site (just after the comment was posted to my blog), I started by looking for a nice little residential property in Orillia, Ontario. (I was there for a conference once.) Unfortunately, the only listing that I got was the sample listing. (Although the $100/month rent sure looked nice.)

I figured I'd better move to a bigger city, and although I probably couldn't afford anything in the Parliament Hill area, I tried the Ottawa listings. Turns out I could afford Ottawa - only $100/month! (Yes, I got the sample listing again.)

For Toronto, the biggest danged city in the whole country, I again got a sample listing.

Then I remembered that the commenter specifically mentioned Calgary, where I got two listings. One was the sample listing, and the other was real.

I'll tell my co-worker Bob that there's a place available in Calgary, if the company will spring $1,300/month for it.
blog comments powered by Disqus