Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why editing is important

I do not claim to be a perfect writer - my writings are not always of the highest qualtiy. But I cannot recall making so many errors in three short paragraphs. This screen shot shows how this USA Today article appeared at 8:45 pm Pacific time this evening.


This raises the question - when Brokaw held the wedding reception for his second marriage (the one to "Merideth," following his earlier marriage to the Berlin Wall), but the couple serve Rits crackers?

P.S. While reviewing this post one more time, I discovered the "granchild" error.

This is why my boss has instituted a QA process for all proposals.

P.P.S. Here's the subsequently edited version, as of 8:55 pm Eastern time.


I suspect that USA Today was rushing to get the story out, and rushed a little too quickly.
blog comments powered by Disqus