Friday, March 23, 2012

I had a really good post for today, but you'll have to wait for it

Sometimes a blogger comes up with a really great post, but then realizes that the post can't be shared just yet.

For example, I could write a post that goes something like this:

I'm traveling out of the country and I took my attack dog with me, so my apartment is wide open. Have at it!

Or I could write a post that goes something like this:

Wow, this RFP that I just received from the Department of the Interior is a wonderful RFP! I'm working on my response to requirement 4.121 right now, and I'm probably going to talk about the brand new product that we're about to release in a month.

Or I could write this is a post:

I was talking with my friend Bert, whose wife is about to have a baby although they haven't told family yet.

Note - the examples above are not true. I have not worked with the U.S. Department of the Interior in thirty years.

So anyway, I was working on a post that I was going to publish today, and then I realized that a single word in the post could provide a small data point of information - and that small data point could be observed by others, and could be used to gain valuable information.

So while I've written the post, I won't be publishing it today.

You'll see it later.

Maybe.
blog comments powered by Disqus