Monday, January 16, 2012

(empo-utoobd) Too bad I can't help 'em promote it - or maybe I can...

As I've mentioned ad nauseum, my YouTube account was permanently disabled some time ago for reasons unknown. As far as I know, there's still no procedure to contact YouTube to rectify the situation and regain access to the account.

Of course, you get what you pay for, and I can't argue with what's being done here. Google could decide to completely shut down the YouTube service to everyone this evening, and no one would have any legal recourse.

But it's interesting to note that even though I am permanently banned from using a YouTube account, YouTube can use me whenever they want.

I recently discovered that YouTube has a page listing every YouTube video that I have posted to this blog. Yes, despite the fact that YouTube doesn't like me, I still like YouTube, and link to its videos frequently (though not exclusively). YouTube obviously compiles this information and makes it available for whatever purpose such statistics are used.

Hmmm...







Incidentally, here are the results from my 2009 inquiry into the permanently disabled status. Recap:

Your "empoprises" account has been found to have violated our Community Guidelines. Your account has now been terminated. Please be aware that you are prohibited from accessing, possessing or creating any other YouTube accounts....

We are unable to provide specific detail regarding your account suspension or your video's removal....


blog comments powered by Disqus