Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I guess I neglected to mention that I was in France last week

There are some people who seem to share where they are every waking moment. Although I will share my location at times, there are other times when I choose not to share my location.

For example, during all of last week - or, more precisely, between Saturday September 25 and Saturday October 2 - I was in France on business. I chose not to explicitly share this fact on the Empoprise-BI business blog or any of my other online outlets, although I implicitly referred to it on occasion. For example, during the last week that I was in California, I got stuck in a huge traffic jam, and ended up telling my Facebook followers that I would instead take the bus next week. For most people, the remark went right by them. For a few people familiar with the area, it sounded like a bad joke, since there aren't any buses between Ontario and north Orange County (where I work). But to a very small select few people, this was an indication of how I would be commuting to work while I was in France. Well, once I figured out how to buy bus tickets (and that took me a while, due to my extremely limited command of the French language).

While much of the stuff that I did in France isn't of interest to the average reader, perhaps there are some things that I can share here in the Empoprise-BI business blog. But for now, I will leave you with a few general observations.

First, if you know that you are going to be using a computer in a foreign country that was configured for said foreign country, perhaps it's not a good idea to include the symbol for your national currency as part of your password.

Second, if you are the only American in a group of people, don't bother to publicly convert kilograms to pounds. No one else will care.

Third, if you are the only American in a group of people, it's probably best to refrain from uttering phrases such as "dragging the infield."

More later.
blog comments powered by Disqus