Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gavin Ingham - "He never asked me"

[UPDATE DECEMBER 9: SEE THE SEQUEL (a similar experience from Alex Scoble).]

I found this via a semi-private share of a semi-private share on Google+, but the original item was written by Gavin Ingham. Ingham noted that a salesperson had left him six messages over the weekend, not counting the daily messages the salesperson left during regular business hours. Ingham wasn't pleased with this, but there was a bigger concern:

I did see him first and a full week and a half before one of his competitors could see me but he doesn’t know that. He never asked me. I only see the next guy tomorrow but he doesn’t know that. He never asked me. I would never have made the decision without seeing all three short-listed suppliers but he doesn’t know that. He never asked me. I have various other factors influencing this purchase but he wouldn’t know because, hey you guessed it, he never asked me.

So will Ingham buy the product? Read his post.
blog comments powered by Disqus