Monday, June 8, 2009

We'll see if FamilyMember's tool becomes a way of life

As I mentioned in the newsletter for another blog, a family member (whom I will refer to as FamilyMember) obtained a MacBook over the weekend. FamilyMember likes this, and appreciates the thought that went into the design of the MacBook, its software, and its support, but FamilyMember isn't about to quit her church and give thank offerings to the Mac six times a day. In this regard, FamilyMember is similar to Notcot, who dares to declare:

For me, a mac is *just* a tool, not a way of life.

Note that this is NOT identical to the phrase I used previously, "a tool is not a way of life." But obviously it conveys the same sentiment.

But perhaps I'm wrong on my assumptions. Notcot links to Engadget, who links to a PR Newswire release from Mindset Media which includes the following statement:

According to Mindset Media...people who are highly open-minded or, in Mindset Media parlance, "Openness 5's", are 60 percent more likely than people in the general population to have purchased a Mac. These purchasers are also more liberal, less modest, and more assured of their own superiority than the population at large.

Really? I'm shocked.
blog comments powered by Disqus