Saturday, January 25, 2014

LinkedIn User Fail of the Day

This morning, I received a request to connect on LinkedIn from someone who identified herself as a "Human Resources Professional."

Even if you're happy at your job, circumstances can change, so it's always good to maintain such contacts.

So I checked her profile to see why she chose to contact me. Is she based in the Los Angeles area? Does she interact with a number of biometric or proposal people? How many of my LinkedIn contacts are directly connected to her?

The answers:

1. She is based in a different state.
2. From what I can tell, she has no specific experience with biometric or proposal people.
3. She is a third level connection, not a second level connection.

Oh, and this:

4. According to her LinkedIn profile, she hasn't worked herself since she left her contract job in September 2011.

I chose not to connect.
blog comments powered by Disqus