Thursday, September 1, 2016

Beeping oven probe ports - KitchenAid, Dacor, whatever

Unless you're Louise Hay, you've probably had problems with your appliances at some point. Luckily, there are people that can help, such as those at Just Answer.

Someone recently had this problem:

Dacor Oven model ECS2275 PRB - probe is flashing and beeping. I was wiping down the oven with a damp (not wet) sponge and PRB started flashing and beeping on the display. How do I turn this off?

Now most people are stumped when they see a problem like this.

But not you, the Empoprise-BI business blog reader. Perhaps you saw my 2009 post on the topic. (I just might include that post in #ebimara16.) Or maybe my 2010 post. Or my 2011 post. Or my other 2011 post. That one appeared near Thanksgiving. Or my 2012 post. Or my 2013 post.

Well, since I've taken a couple of years' vacation from talking about oven temperature sensor probes that beep, it's understandable that the person above turned to Just Answer for help.

Power the unit off and take and airduster can and blow out the probe port really good and then power the oven back on it should clear.

You'd think that after years of this issue, they'd come up with a probe port that isn't sensitive to humidity.
blog comments powered by Disqus