Monday, November 7, 2011

Alamo Drafthouse "Don't Talk" PSA (clean version)

This has been all over the place, and illustrates the point that you should not necessarily go after EVERY customer. Incidentally, this is the censored version of the video.



Basically, Alamo Drafthouse has a "no texting" policy, and a customer violated the policy, was thrown out, and subsequently left an angry voicemail message. After playing the ex-customer's voice mail message, that includes the words "I will never be coming back to your "Alamo Drafthouse" or whatever; I'd rather go to a regular theater, where people are actually polite," Alamo Drafthouse prints the words

Thanks for not coming back to the Alamo, texter!

Needless to say, movie-lovers who like to watch their movies without interruption are happy that this ex-customer was treated so badly by Alamo.

I wish that I had been in the Alamo Drafthouse when I watched the film "Short Circuit" years and years ago. Perhaps the guy in the theater wouldn't have given away the ending.

P.S. Allow me to pause for a moment and bask in a milestone - this is the 1500th post that I have written in the Empoprise-BI blog. I haven't ever totaled up the entire count of posts that I've written in all of my blogs (starting with the Ontario Empoblog), but there are thousands upon thousands of posts out there written by me under my own name or under the old Ontario Emperor pseudonym. It's enough to make me want to jump up in a theater and shout - but then I'd (deservedly) get in trouble.
blog comments powered by Disqus