Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why Empoprise-BI recommends Total Plumbing Services of Pelham, Alabama

Now the Empoprise-BI business blog doesn't make a habit of recommending businesses, so when I recommend one, you know that there's a special reason.

Now I'm not recommending Total Plumbing Services of Pelham, Alabama because I've used their services. I have not, and frankly, the chances of my needing a plumber from the Birmingham, Alabama area are slim to none.

And I'm not recommending Total Plumbing Services of Pelham, Alabama because it's listed on a United Methodist Church directory. (For those who don't know, I was a member of the United Methodist Church for over a decade.)

No, I'm recommending Total Plumbing Services because I like the plumber's name - John Bredehoft.

You see, I was doing one of my vanity searches, and I ran across some listings for Total Plumbing Services. In addition to the page on the Helena United Methodist Church website, Total Plumbing Services also has a (very nice) Facebook page.

You can see the similarities between the two of us. We both wear glasses. We both like short sleeve shirts. We both have hair that is...um...transforming in color. (And no, I'm not using "transforming" in a Methodist sense.)

But the similarities pretty much end there. My plumbing expertise is, to put it mildly, extremely limited. The Alabama John Bredehoft is a master plumber.

Now I doubt that my recommendation will double John's business (although if you live in the Birmingham area, you may want to consider him). However, he has another recommendation:

Birmingham, Alabamas' best plumber! As voted by me!

Hey, if you can't recommend your own business, you shouldn't be in business.

Incidentally, this is why I take care to use my middle initial when posting online. I don't want this poor plumber to be blamed for stuff that I write.

And this not only applies to plumbers, but also to lawyers.
blog comments powered by Disqus