Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Île Saint-Germain

Since I had already made a trip to the Eiffel Tower area on Saturday, I had to figure out what to do with my first Sunday in Paris. In the end, I decided to take it relatively easy and stay in the Issy-les-Moulineaux area.

On my previous trip in January, I had stayed closer to the Porte de Versailles. On this trip, I was staying near the Issy Val de Seine train station, and I took a bit of time to explore that area of town.

The train station is very close to the Seine River, and there is an island in the river that is within walking distance - the Île Saint-Germain. When you leave the apartments and railroad tracks and cross the bridge to the island, you are transported to a different world.


Sunday was just as hot as Saturday, and there were many people on the island who were enjoying the day, just as there were on the Champ de Mars on the previous day.

But as I walked past the picnic people (or whatever you call them in French), I kept on heading toward the ominous tower that could be seen from portions of the island.


For people visiting the island, a sign describing the tower had been helpfully placed nearby.


This didn't do me much good, but I was able to pick out the basics.


blog comments powered by Disqus