Thursday, February 7, 2013

More evidence that systems are silos

We can claim all day that we develop unified computer systems, but in reality you have one person developing one computer system, and another person developing another computer system.

And sometimes they don't exactly agree.

At 6:29 this morning, I received an email from a credit card company. (I'll refer to the company as BigCardCo.) The title of the email was "Account Alert: A Payment was Received." The email said that BigCardCo had received my $xx.yy payment, and included the following sentence:

Please remember that it can take up to 24 hours for your account to reflect this payment.

You can probably guess what email I received at 11:11 this morning from BigCardCo.

Yep - "Account Alert: Your Payment Reminder." Specifically, my payment due date is fast approaching, and I need to pay $xx.yy to BigCardCo.

And because BigCardCo cares, the following question appeared at the bottom of the email:

Was this e-mail helpful?
blog comments powered by Disqus