Thursday, December 19, 2013

Technology is bad. The #APMP has resigned itself to this.

This morning, I received holiday greetings via email from the Association of Proposal Management Professionals. The email contained an image that was supposed to be animated, but above the image, APMP printed the following message:

If you don't see snowflakes falling, view the animated card here.


The APMP figured (correctly, as it turned out) that for a myriad of reasons, some of the recipients of the message would not see it as originally intended. The APMP board identified the risk, and mitigated it.

This reminds me of something that Allan Barry Laboucan said yesterday:

I started working with computers 30 years ago, still shocks me how many simple problems with technology still happen daily, has to be a better way.

When I first read his statement, I initially thought that things weren't as bad as he presented them. Sure things are bad, but they're at least a little better than they were 30 years ago.

As I've thought about it, however, Allan is convincing me that he's correct.

Perhaps I should take Allan's investment advice.
blog comments powered by Disqus