Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My attempt to get into every Harry Sihit myxnote blog that exists

A friend of mine was conducting a web search, and found a site that has published, verbatim and without attribution, at least two posts from this blog. http://business-loan.myxnote.com/2673-the-varieties-of-human-experience.php includes a post entitled "The varieties of human experience," while http://business-loan.myxnote.com/2862-if-open-facebook-makes-money-would-closed-facebook-make-more-money.php includes a post entitled "If open Facebook makes money, would closed Facebook make MORE money?"

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll realize that both of those posts seem to be awfully familiar.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, based upon entries such as these.

This episode has me disappointed on two counts.

First, the thief is apparently not bothering to steal all of my content. While this post, which appropriated content from the Empoprise-BI business blog, included the phrase "safariland s corporate history" at the bottom of the post, as far as I can tell the content people never got around to ripping off the blog that actually included material on Safariland's corporate history, the Empoprise-IE Inland Empire blog.

Second, the thief is only using my content in one blog. The blog in question is "business-loan.myxnote.com," which is only one of the blogs in the myxnote empire. How come I'm not getting ripped off by some of the other myxnote blogs, including "technology.myxnote.com"? I can understand why I didn't make the home and garden blog, but come on - why shut me out of tech?

It looks like the person who should receive my complaint is an Indonesian person named Harry Sihit. Or at least that's the name he/she gave when registering the domain. See sewatch.net for more information, including a server in Charlotte, North Carolina (of all places; alert Michael Jordan). Or check the afraid.org record for shharry.

Or perhaps you can look at this website, which scraped Sihit's contact information ("Harry Sihit (shharry@yahoo.com) Jl. Gatot Subro no 251 Medan Sumatra Utara,20217") and republished it for the benefit of those interested in flower shops.

Or perhaps you can read about Mr. Sihit's home town of Medan here.

So how do I break into Harry Sihit's technology blog? It may be too late, because the blog doesn't appear to exist any more.

But since I'm a Starfleet Commander fan, perhaps I should break into his freegames blog. I could do so by linking to Harry's post DJ Hero - How Much Have the Turntables Been Spun, which bears a striking resemblance to a post in the blog Coffee With Games. If I talk about free games enough, then Harry Sihit might put my text in that blog also, expanding my ability to talk about my blog, the Empoprise-BI business blog, as well as that fine blog Coffee With Games.

As for Harry...I just have to make sure that I don't commit a typo when typing his last name.

[9:45 PM - A HUMOROUS FOLLOW-UP.]
blog comments powered by Disqus