Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Authentec and UPEK merger

As long as I'm talking about mergers and potential mergers, I should note a merger that is taking place in my own industry. The partners aren't as big as Oracle or Hewlett Packard, but this merger will certainly shake things up in a particular vertical market.

AuthenTec (NASDAQ: AUTH), a leading provider of security, identity management and touch control solutions, and privately-held UPEK, a leading supplier of fingerprint solutions for consumer, business and government applications, announced that the companies have combined, creating the world’s largest provider of fingerprint sensors and identity management software, as well as biometric and embedded security solutions.

More here.

And incidentally, I have no further comment (other than the one I reproduced here) on the other merger taking place in my industry at the moment.
blog comments powered by Disqus