Monday, November 9, 2009

(empo-utoobd) The surprising things that you can learn with Google Dashboard

Back in 2008 when I began the Empoprises series of blogs, I made a conscious effort to employ Google services as part of these blogs. In addition to the obvious ones (Blogger, for example), I used Google Docs to store some of my private files associated with Empoprises.

Well, I logged into Google Dashboard for the first time on Friday afternoon, and the extent of my Google use, both blog-related and non-blog-related, became all too clear. Account, Blogger, Calendar, Contacts, Docs, Friend Connect, Gmail, Reader, Voice, and several others...

...including YouTube.

Yes, my account is still permanently disabled, but Google Dashboard allows me to view statistics about my account.

Favorites 56 favorites
Most recent: Manfred Mann - Fox On The Run on Aug 17, 2009

Subscriptions 34 public
Most recent: schmoyoho on Sep 18, 2009

Comments
Most recent: Country Gentlemen - Fox on the Run on Aug 17, 2009

Contacts 4 public
Most recent: neuromancer2012 on May 25, 2009

Personal messages
Most recent: free tacos on me on Feb 23, 2009


Of course, if I try to click on any of the associated links, I still run across the "Your account has been permanently disabled" message.

And still, Google offers no way to un-disable your account, or even to discover the specific infraction that caused your account to be permanently disabled in the first place. Assuming that there was such an infraction; maybe some anonymous Google employee happens to hate "Fox on the Run" and took it out on me. If that's the case here, I hope that Google employee doesn't transfer to Blogger, or else I'm in trouble.

Yes, YouTube customer service is atrocious. While you do get what you pay for, this doesn't necessarily encourage me to pay for any Google services.
blog comments powered by Disqus