Sunday, June 14, 2009

Empoprise-BI News - 14 June 2009

Empoprise-BI News


The news letter for Empoprise-BI - An Empoprises vertical information service for business news.



Welcome to Empoprise-BI News

Not that I've thought much about Empoprise-BI. Why not? Farm Town took up a bunch of my time.

In my non-trendy way, I hadn't even heard of Farm Town. When I noticed one of my co-workers mentioning it on her Facebook account, I asked her about it, since it sounded like a Second Life-ish sort of thing based on her description. If you haven't heard of it, Farm Town is a Facebook application that allows you to tend a farm, plant and harvest crops, and keep animals. As have others before me, I have found the game to be highly addictive, and reminiscent of the old SimPark game in some ways.

I haven't neglected sleep (yet), but I'm progressing through the game. If you're a FriendFeed user who is also interested in Farm Town, you may want to check my new FriendFeed group http://friendfeed.com/farm-town. I created it because I couldn't find an existing FriendFeed group for the game.

And no, I don't plan to start Empoprise-FT... :) But when I have some time, I have some observations on Farm Town monetization that I should put in blog form.

Behind the Scenes

While this blog (and my other blogs) may seem to be all across the board, in reality there are some recurrent themes in this blog. Since only one person is writing the blog, there can't help but be recurring themes; my writing is shaped by my life experiences, so my thoughts are going to permeate the blog whether I like it or not.

As part of my long-term plan for world domination, I am trying to explicitly state some of these recurrent themes in the blog. Perhaps you've seen my first such explicit statement, "a tool is not a way of life." I'm going to try to work this statement into the Empoprise-BI blog, and into other writings of mine, over the coming weeks and months. And perhaps I'll come up with other pithy phrases that lend themselves to such promotion.

Special Features

Since I've yammered (heh) about Farm Town, I'm not going to write about that here. In case you missed it, however, I did write what turned out to be a four-post series regarding certification in general and product management certification in particular. The first post can be found here.

Upcoming

Still working on the upcoming posts, but I do have a forthcoming one that references angioplasty, colon cleansing, and intuition. And yes, there's a business point to it.

If you disagree, or agree, or whatever, feel free to comment on the posts, or send comments to the empoprises account that Gmail hosts.
blog comments powered by Disqus