Tuesday, May 26, 2009

That's not a director, that's a director

I recently used this picture in a post in my Empoprise-NTN blog:



Spielberg @ Director's Chair by Fantax (Farhan) used under a Creative Commons License


At first I thought that this was taken at a place called "Director's Chair," but I subsequently deduced via the Flickr tags that it was actually taken at Madame Tussad's Wax Museum in New York City.

Kerri visited the museum in December 2005:

[T]he wax people majorly creeped me out. But still, I took pictures with Donald Trump, Yoko Ono, the Pope, Helen Keller, James Dean, The Beatles, the Spice Girls, and... I can't remember them all. But man that was fun. And my favorite picture of myself was when I was in the director's chair next to Steven Spielberg and wearing Stacy's beret. And I took a picture of Janis Joplin for Mike... since the entire world knows how obsessed he is with her. And then I turned the corner and there was Al Roker. And, of course, I took a picture for Charlie, who has since informed me that he's naming his turtle that.

This sounds like Steve Allen's old show "Meeting of Minds." Imagine the discussions that Helen Keller, James Dean, and Al Roker have after the visitors have gone home.

"A turtle?"
blog comments powered by Disqus